Not Just a Building.
The building isn’t just a building. It is the conduit in which our kids are taught the skills they need to learn, or sadly, to relearn, after experiencing abuse at the hands of the adults in their lives.
West Virginia Facility for Boys
Serving the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia
Careful planning has gone into the home environment making the facility more than just bricks and mortar for the troubled young boys that will temporarily live at St. Johns.
In addition to our therapeutic services, our staff works tirelessly to provide our boys with a home-like environment with praise, crafts, camps, recreational sports, outings and trips, and lots of love and support.
About Our Facility
Our 6,800 square foot residential facility was built to house all residential services in one location. It opened in February of 2011.
St. John’s Home for Children has:
- 10 single bedrooms allowing for increased comfort, privacy, and safety for our boys.
- A kitchen and dining area, to allow for family style dining.
- A recreation area within the building to provide youth with a well-equipped area to have plain old fun and to develop their social skills.
- A dedicated video and arcade-type game playing area.
- An educational program to assist them in their school work, and to receive tutoring services through Ohio County Schools.
- A family therapy room to provide a private, confidential area for our boys and families to work with trained, licensed counselors on family matters.